All prospective members who wish to join RITANZ must complete and return the Application Form below.
Note that Insolvency Practitioners who are accepting Regulated Insolvency Engagements must also simultaneously apply for Accredited Status by completing the Accredited Insolvency Practitioner application form.
See further details under Join RTANZ>Becoming an Accredited Insolvency Practitioner.
The application form for membership follows however please ensure that you have read all of the relevant sections below before proceeding with the form.
RITANZ Memberships renew annually and run on a calendar basis from 1 Jan to 31 Dec. New members can join at any time during the year however the annual cost will still apply.
RITANZ has standardised the fee base for its members to help minimise costs of administration, and to better reflect the benefits and advantages of membership for all those connected with the industry.
RITANZ Annual Membership Fees are NZ$200.00 per individual.
The membership fee also incorporates the cost of membership of INSOL International, which is currently US$62.00 per member.
To ensure that the activities of the Group meet the expectations of the targeted audience, the committee of RITANZ will reserve the right to restrict membership to those who meet the below criteria.
RITANZ is a networking group intended for professionals and senior management practising in the field of insolvencies and corporate reconstructions, and in particular includes the following:
- Members of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and their staff who undertake insolvency assignments.
- Members of the New Zealand Law Society and their staff who represent clients on insolvency related matters.
- Academics teaching subjects relating to insolvencies.
- Members of the New Zealand Credit and Finance Institute.
- Members of the IWIRC New Zealand Network Inc (International Womens Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation).
- Members of the Turnaround Management Association – “TMA” .
- Members of the banking profession and in particular asset management.
- Professionals working for the Ministry of Economic Development and in particular the New Zealand Insolvency and Trustee Service.
- Professionals working for the Ministry of Justice.
You may complete & submit the application below and must accept the terms & conditions before proceeding.
"Accrediting Agency" means the agency appointed by RITANZ to consider applications for Accredited Insolvency Practitioner membership and to monitor Accredited Insolvency Practitioners. At the date of this form, the Accrediting Agency is Chartered Accountants ANZ.
"By-law" means a by-law in force under the Rules from time to time.
"CA ANZ" means Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand General Member means a member admitted to membership on the basis of having a relevant insolvency connection.
"Membership Year" means a period from 1 January in a year to 31 December in that year.
"RITANZ" means the Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association of New Zealand Incorporated.
"Rules" means the rules of RITANZ in force from time to time.
"Student Member" means a member admitted to membership on the basis of being enrolled to study at a tertiary educational institution in a course that is relevant to insolvency.
Other capitalised terms have the meaning given in the Rules or By-laws in force from time to time. The Rules and By-laws can be viewed at www.ritanz.org.nz.
All applicants must demonstrate their good character, and that they have not been banned from providing corporate insolvency services under any legislation, whether in New Zealand or overseas.
A positive answer to any of the questions in this section will not automatically result in declining your application. Each case will be considered individually on its merits.
If you answered yes to any of the questions in this section, please provide more information about the nature of your situation on a separate sheet and any related official documentation to support your application.
RITANZ will keep details given in this section confidential, apart from sharing such details with Chartered Accountants ANZ or other service providers for the purpose of Chartered Accountants ANZ providing administrative services to RITANZ, or for Chartered Accountants ANZ in carrying out its function as the Accrediting Agency for Accredited Insolvency Practitioners, or as necessary in carrying out RITANZ's disciplinary powers.
If you have been convicted of any offence involving dishonesty in New Zealand or any other jurisdiction, please provide a copy of your criminal record.
In New Zealand this information can be obtained from the Ministry of Justice. Please note your rights under the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004 before providing a copy of your criminal record. The relevant application form and information form can be downloaded at www.justice.govt.nz.
If you have ever been adjudged bankrupt please provide a copy of the bankruptcy notice from the Official Assignee and a Discharge of Bankruptcy notice (if applicable).
If you have made an assignment for the benefit of your creditors please provide appropriate documentation.
RITANZ collects personal information from you when you apply for membership, renew your membership, request certain services or products, or otherwise contact or do business with RITANZ. Other personal information may be collected from course enrolment forms, telephone calls, faxes, e-mails, letters sent by members and other contacts of RITANZ.
The information provided on or with this form, or in relation to this application, or future information obtained about you, will be used by RITANZ to:
- Process and assess this application and any membership renewal application;
- Assess your credit-worthiness;
- Maintain RITANZ's membership databases;
- Publish Accredited Insolvency Practitioner name, address, website address and professional firm name on the RITANZ website register of Accredited Insolvency Practitioners and otherwise confirm membership and provide business contact details of members;
- Publish the name of persons ceasing to be or suspended from being an Accredited Insolvency Practitioner under RITANZ's Rules;
- Enable RITANZ and its service providers to carry out functions under its Rules, including disciplinary functions, and sending your subscription renewal, voting papers or other information required under the Rules;
- Communicate with you on any issues relevant to your membership or transactions with RITANZ;
- Provide information to Chartered Accountants ANZ (or other Accrediting Agency) as may be required in performing its function as the Accrediting Agency under RITANZ's Membership By-law;
- Provide information about you to INSOL International relevant to affiliation rights granted by INSOL International;
- Provide information to any other persons or company, for the collection of any money due;
- Keep you informed about products and services that may be of interest to you, which may involve disclosure to selected agencies authorised by RITANZ.
If you do not provide the information required in this application or in future information requests, you may not be able to become a member or you may not be able to receive the information or service you requested by the method you have requested, or you may limit RITANZ's ability to interact with you fully in accordance with its Rules.
You have a right under the Privacy Act 1993 to access and request the correction of any personal information which RITANZ holds about you.
You must accept these terms and conditions before submitting the application form.
You can contact RITANZ about your personal information at the following address:
RITANZ P O Box 287 Shortland Street Auckland 1010
Telephone: 027 750 6470
Your personal information is held by RITANZ and by NZICA. NZICA's address is:
Chartered Accountants ANZ Registry Services Helpdesk P O Box 11342 Wellington 6142
Membership enquiries and applications are handled by RITANZ. If you have any queries, please contact that service on:
Tel: +64 027 750 6470
RITANZ acknowledges the support of all of our sponsors.